You don't need a curling iron to achieve perfect curls that you'll love! The next time you're looking for a fun new hairstyle, grab your straightener and get amazing results. So how do you curl your hair with a straightener? Try different techniques for different looks and take advantage of the versatility of this incredible styling tool. Simply follow the detailed tips below to create beautiful curls during your at-home beauty sessions.
Yes, your flat iron is versatile. It can both curl and straighten your hair. It all depends on the technique! With the guidance of experts like Emilie Rondeau, a ghd trainer, you can learn how to create beautiful waves. There are several techniques available to you.
The first technique involves wrapping your hair strand by strand around the iron. Always choose similar-sized sections of hair to achieve uniform and large curls. Let it heat for a few seconds and then release. Once you're done, loosen the curls with your fingers or a flat brush for soft and flowing curls.
The second technique involves using your flat iron to pull your hair, as if you were curling a ribbon to decorate a gift. This action should be sharp, precise, and quick.
The third technique involves twisting your wrist forward and backward while moving the flat iron from the roots to the ends of your hair.
Finally, you can enhance the longevity of your curls by using a hairspray to set them. A video or tutorial would be helpful to further assist you.
What straightener to use for a wavy effect?
Regardless of the method, it is important to focus on small sections of hair, about one inch at a time, to achieve the desired result. You can use any ceramic plates or curling iron suitable for straight, thick, or curly hair. If using a flat iron, you can create wavy hair by following these tips:
1. Prepare your flat iron at the right temperature.
2. Glide the flat iron downwards and when you reach the point where you want to create a curl, rotate it 180 degrees away from your face.
3. Wrap your hair around the barrel, pull the iron through to the ends of your hair, and release.
4. Once your cooled hair, run your fingers through it, use a wide-tooth comb, or even a brush to achieve a wavy effect.
5. Finish with a hairspray to set your curls and make them last. Adding additional styling products can enhance the result. We recommend using a sea salt spray for a beachy feel.
You can also watch tutorial videos for guided experimentation and more tips.
Looking to achieve curly hair when you have straight hair? Here are some tips for achieving curly hair all day long while you're at home:
1. Try braiding: Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner the night before, work in a small amount of mousse, and let it air dry for a bit. Then, create multiple braids and secure them with elastic bands. Make sure each braid is consistent in size.
2. Use a low-heat hair dryer until the braided strands are almost dry. Unravel the braids the next morning and separate each section with your fingers, then work in a texturizing balm. Finish off with hairspray for extra hold.
3. Use a curling iron: Long hair is relatively easy to transform into loose waves with a curling iron. Start by spraying a heat protectant onto your hair, then wrap individual sections around the curling wand. Be sure to use the right heat setting to avoid burning your hair.
Hold each section for about five seconds before moving on to the next strand. For a natural finish, comb through your hair very carefully. For extra hold, use shine-enhancing hair products.
ghd offers easy hairstyle options for girls with short hair that can be done at home, allowing you to achieve celebrity-inspired looks while watching Netflix. ghd products are of high quality and provide a rewarding experience.
Here's how to curl short hair with a flat iron:
1. Prepare the hair with a curl-holding spray.
2. Divide the hair into sections from top to bottom.
3. Place the styler at the root and rotate it half a turn.
4. Take the next section and repeat the previous step, but alternate the direction of the curl.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all the hair sections.
6. Release the top section and repeat the curling process.
7. At the front, rotate the styler and slide it down.
8. Work through the curls with a detangling comb, and don't forget to apply a serum-based hair treatment.
To get inspired, watch a tutorial video that demonstrates these different techniques for curling short hair with a flat iron, including practical tips.