Chapped or cracked lips can be quite noticeable on the face and can cause discomfort. However, there are some beauty tricks that can help treat dry and irritated lips.
Chapped lips can be caused by a condition called angular cheilitis, which is often caused by bacterial or fungal infections. It is important to treat the underlying causes of chapped lips, such as Staphylococcus bacteria or the Candida Albicans fungus. This can be done through medication prescribed by a doctor or by practicing good hygiene and applying a topical ointment. It is also worth noting that chapped lips can be caused by external factors.
To no longer have chapped lips, there are effective remedies for dry lips. However, it is important to note that the treatments should be tailored to the causes of chapped lips for better results. Here are some tips that can help:
1. Hydrate the damaged lips from the inside.
2. Apply lip balm regularly.
3. Exfoliate chapped lips.
4. Choose your lipstick wisely.
5. Avoid wetting your lips with saliva.
6. Use high-quality lip balms without paraffin.
7. Protect your lips from external aggressions.
Why are my lips turning white?
When the lips become white, it is usually due to an infection. This white spot corresponds to lesions that appear on the oral mucosa. This is called leukoplakia, an infection sometimes caused by smoking and Epstein-Barr virus infection. However, if the lips are white, there are definitely other explanations such as:
- Anemia or a lack of red blood cells.
- Deficiency in certain nutrients such as iron, red meat, green vegetables, cocoa...
If the lips have changing colors, it is important to consult a doctor as these colors reveal your health condition. In any case, you can always apply a special lip balm or use high-quality lipsticks.
If you want to have pink lips, some lip balms contain sweet almond oil or shea butter. It is important to follow some tips to make your lips pink. In addition to using a special lip balm, you can also:
- Exfoliate your lips.
- Do a scrub for chapped lips.
- Remove makeup from your lips.
- Moisturize your lips.
- Protect chapped lips from the sun.